I am sure by now you are tired of hearing that Fall is my favorite season but it really is! There is just something about it that makes my heart happy (and even more so with a little one!) Even though this time of year until the new year our calendar really fills up I still try to pack as many fun Fall activities in before the weather turns too cold. Here are a few of my favorites…
– Visit a Pumpkin Patch : usually pumpkin patches have games and activities as well as a very wide verity of pumpkins so it is definitely a few hours of entertainment for the family
– Carve a Pumpkin : a tradition that most people have but still fun to do as a family especially when the kids can start to design their own faces (I remember this from when I was little)
– Pick Seasonal Fruit then cook with it : I have never actually done this but I have always wanted too! Maybe next year (When Rosie is bigger) we can go apple picking and then make homemade apple pie with grandma! (She makes the best pie crusts!)
– Explore your local events – This year we went to Pumpkin Nights and it was awesome! And they even encourage costumes so all the kids were having a blast -definitely recommended
– Take a hay ride : supper cliche but still fun!
– Make a Bonfire and have Spiked cider (or a drink of your choice) – I love to sit outside in the fall. The world is changing and it seems to be quieting down for winter. What is better than nature, your BOO thang 😝 and a delicious beverage!
– Watch a black and white horror film : I love old movies and they are even better when they are seasonal. If you have never seen Young Frankenstein with Gene Wilder you have got to watch it! One of the best movies ever!
^Rosie is all about holding mugs 😝
– Go For a Drive : if you are in Colorado like me then this best time to do this has passed as the leaves in the mountains turn really quickly, but it town they are still stunning and definitely worth a drive
– Plan a Game Night : Sometimes enjoying a night without technology is just what you need. We love to plan game nights with hot toddy’s or coco; it really sets the mood for fall and is a great way to spread quality time with your spouse.
What are some of the things you like to do in the Fall with your family or SO?
Talk to you soon!