The more and more I change our decor and redecorate our house the more plants I add and the more “things” I get rid of. I am still working on becoming a green thumb and have definitely killed a few plants in my day; but that being said I feel like I am on an upswing and all my green friends are doing great! Because I am in a good place with all my plants, I thought I would share a few of my favorite, low-maintenance house plants.
- succulents – They are hands down my favorite, so easy (since they are a part of the cactus family) and so dang cute. Just make sure to have acquit drainage, if not they will drown and die.
- Vinca Vine – I love these vines in hanging baskets – they just look so chic! We have them in our bathroom and they love the humidity and grow super quickly
- Snake Plant aka Mother-In-Laws Tongue – That name is enough to sell me on these! They can go up to a month without water and consistently look great throughout the year.
- Yucca Plant – These are perfect if you want a more tropical look. Mine has been growing like crazy and I just water it once a week, and keep it in a sunny area.
- Pathos Plant – We have several pots of these around the house and I love them. They look great all the time and since it is a vine like plant the are wonderful for decorating. ( I have seen a lot of people put them on top of their cabinets)
- Palm Plant – there are many variations of these guys and I love all of them. As you would assume they love the sun but need to be watered weekly on average.
I think my next plant purchase will be a rubber plant. Do you have any plant favorites?